Principle Responsibilities & Position Purpose:
Responsible for supervision, labor, and cost control of the housekeeping department while providing the highest quality of cleanliness for the hotel in accordance with the standards of the hotel and company. Understands and implements the Pledge (Mission), Values and culture at all time.
- 3+ years of experience in a branded, quality hotel preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent of same.
- Must display professionalism and have characteristics of honesty and trustworthiness.
- Must have excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Must have a valid driver's license from the applicable state.
Work Environment & Context:
- Must be able to perform major life activities: standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, and reach.
- Long hours sometimes required. Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working on Holidays, weekends, and evenings.
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Supervising and managing staff techniques.
- Entire property, staff, services, hours of operation, type of rooms, and locations.
- Thorough knowledge of materials, supplies, and equipment used in the housekeeping department.
- Safety and security measures. Report or correct any hazardous conditions observed immediately.
- Follow and manage using company procedures and policies.
- Must be organized and maintain logs, checklists, inventories as scheduled.
- Basic computer experience to pull reports and check inventory.
- Management skills: interview, train, coach, motivate, counsel, discipline, and terminated employment.
- Keep track of employee time cards and makes sure they are up to date.
- Assist with guest issues, being professional and maintaining a hospitable caring attitude.
- Multi task, detail oriented, remain service centric.
- Must be able to work alone.
- Comply to all standards.
- Communicate with guests and co-workers in a friendly and helpful professional manner.
- Work as a team member with department heads.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of the Housekeeping Team. This is accomplished through daily shift meetings, monthly department meetings. Maintain agendas and sign in sheets.
- Inspect all areas of the hotel: rooms, public space, back of the house, grounds ) to ensure sanitation, brand, all health and safety standards are met.
- Supplies: Maintain the necessary items to effectively operate department. This includes and not limited to: guest loaned items (roll always, cribs, microwaves, refrigerators, etc.) This is done through monthly inventories, proper ordering, receiving and maintenance of supplies. Log and process invoices for payment, including coding, filing, and inputting.
- Equipment: Ensure all are in working order: vacuums, laundry equipment, carts, etc.
- Safety and Security: Key control is required for guests and associates. Keys are to be accounted for and secured on a constant basis.
- Training: Many tools are available for training: new hire, ongoing, brand, vendors it is your responsibility to present these resources to all staff for continuous education.
- Labor: Schedule and work within the designated Labor Model.
- Supervises "Lost and Found" Department.
- Ensures OSHA and ADA policies are adhered to
- Guest: Privacy is an utmost concern.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Coordinate with the Maintenance Department to ensure maintenance requests are initiated in a timely basis and the property is maintained in a like-new condition.
- Perform Property Specific Tasks as requested by your management team.
- All other duties as assigned and within the realm of physical capabilities.
Positions for Possible Future Advancement:
The next step for this position is in a training capacity. The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparation for further promotion. Once that is achieved, the individual may qualify to be promoted to a Assistant General Manager.