Local Careers: find all jobs in Fairfax. Refine your Outside Sales Representative job search to find new opportunities in Fairfax Virginia. According to Jobs2Careers data, the average salary range for similar positions in Fairfax is Below 30K.
With annual sales in excess of $4B, Rexel USA is a market leader providing innovative and sustainable electrical supplies and energy solutions. Our strategy is simple - by helping our customers thrive, we thrive. We recognize that the energy industry is changing and Rexel's business is changing with it. That's why we're looking for someone like you - a fresh thinking, innovator, and ground-breaker.
We are seeking an Outside Sales Representative for our Automation Division to serve DC/Northern VA territory:
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Responsible for selling, marketing, promoting and demonstrating products.
* Increasing business by generating sales to new customers and by selling additional products to existing customers.
* Prospects for new accounts within a specified geographical territory.
* Pursues product applications utilizing personal knowledge, internal specialists or other internal resources, vendor representatives and other available sources.
* Establishes and maintains customer relationships. Learns and evaluates customer operations to aid in identifying customer objectives, requirements and preferences.
* Processes product quotations and provides continuous follow up throughout the completion of the customer's purchasing cycle.
* Coordinates and directs employee teams to assist in large customer projects and high tech automation issues.
* Gathers and reports to management information regarding the company, competitors, pricing, products and current and future market trends as well as assists management and vendors in planning, tracking and implementing sales strategies and developing new markets.
* Achieves and maintains technical capabilities at required levels, attends customer seminars, schools and special promotions and participates in sales meetings, vendor seminars and training schools to enhance and maintain personal and product knowledge.
* Other duties as assigned.
Ability to exhibit a positive, friendly and helpful attitude with customers and to be sensitive to their needs.
* Able to meet deadlines.
* Excellent attendance record required.
* Able to work overtime as needed.
* High School diploma or Two-year technical degree or more preferred.
* Qualified applicants must be customer oriented and motivated with excellent communication, organization and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
* Strong leadership and organizational skills.
* Excellent negotiation skills, interpersonal skills and ability to drive decisions with influence.
* Product and application knowledge essential.
* Experience with construction sales desired.
* Equivalent experience in the industry with a strong sales background will be given serious consideration.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Rexel USA (A VEVRAA Federal Contractor), and its affiliated companies, is an EEO/Disabled/Veterans employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by law.