Local Careers: find all jobs in Blacksburg. Refine your Facility & Studio Mgr, Creativity & Innovation District job search to find new opportunities in Blacksburg Virginia. According to Jobs2Careers data, the average salary range for similar positions in Blacksburg is Below 30K.
The Facility and Studio Manager for the Creativity and Innovation District oversees day-to-day management of shared-use facilities within the emerging campus Creativity and Innovation District (CID). Shared-use facilities include studios, classrooms, and other spaces located in a number of buildings across the CID, including one or more buildings comprised entirely of shared-use space, and other spaces as they become available. Primary day to day responsibilities include scheduling space use; working with Facility Managers of each building housing shared-use space to manage space condition, functionality, improvements, usage, and access; acting as Facility Manager for building(s) dedicated solely to CID shared use; managing shared-use equipment; and assisting CID faculty from various departments with deploying and maintaining public-facing projects showcased throughout the district.
1. Facility Management
* Work with CID faculty and ICAT administrators to assess and address needs within CID shared-use spaces to support teaching, learning, and research efforts.
* Regularly inspect spaces for proper functioning, safety, and appearance.
* Serve as point of contact for users repair requests and follow up on completion.
* Work cooperatively with facility managers of buildings of which CID shared-use facilities are located regarding maintenance and repair, key management, electronic access, space alterations and improvements, and similar operational matters; coordinate maintenance issues for building(s) dedicated solely to CID shared use directly with university Facilities Services.
* Consult with ICAT administrators regarding expenditure commitments.
* Serve on the Emergency Preparedness Committee for all buildings in which CID shared-use spaces are located; serve as Building Emergency Coordinator for building(s) dedicated solely to shared use.
* Act as university Environmental Health & Safety Representative for all shared-use spaces.
* Prepare recommendations for facility improvements and renovations and serve as liaison for active projects.
2. Technology, Equipment, and Furnishings Management
* Assist CID faculty with computing and/or AV technology setup and troubleshooting within shared-use spaces and for public-facing projects.
* Work with ICAT administrators to establish procedures for managing assets located in shared spaces, including accepting/returning and maintaining/repairing items provided by CID partner departments; maintain up-to-date database of equipment and furnishings owned by all departments within each space.
* Work with ICAT administrators to establish procedures for coordinating asset and supply purchasing activity and expense responsibility among CID partner departments.
* In collaboration with ICAT administrators and departmental I/T Specialist, procure hardware, software, other equipment, furnishings, and supplies agreed to be purchased by ICAT as CID partner.
* Work with ICAT administrators to establish space allocation and reservation request procedures.
* Schedule classroom and studio requests on a per-semester and ad hoc bases.
* Maintain up-to-date calendar reflecting current reservations and holds.
4. Interactive Exhibit Support and Maintenance
* Work collaboratively with faculty and students to deploy and maintain showcased projects throughout the district.
* Participate in teams to curate exhibits
Other Jobs You Might be Interested In
Facility & Studio Mgr, Creativity & Innovation District
State Of virginia
Posted 1 week ago by Startwire
Part-Time Studio Sales Associate Photography (Entry Level)
Posted 5 days ago
Direct Care Professional-Creative Family Solutions